why are you using an adapter are you updating the data?, I would use a reader
as they are much quicker and then if some of the data needs to be updated,
native sql update statements to update e.g. update tbldata set field1=test
where primarykey=1

or use the orm of sql-net which is quick enough for most things.

is your data joined in the adapter if so make sure that you have indexes on all
the relevant fields as this will speed things up.

ATB

Alex