This isn't related to MonoTouch.Dialog -- when a table is in edit mode the
row isn't selectable (only 'editing' actions can occur).

See this sample which uses UITableView directly (not MonoTouch.Dialog).

https://github.com/xamarin/monotouch-samples/tree/master/TableEditing

I'm not sure you should work around it - this is the way Apple wants to...
to select a row, exit from 'edit mode'