Hello, I've developed the Point of Sales (POS) application in Windows and
iPad (iOS devices) app using local database such as MSSQL Server Express and
Sqlite3. These applications work great and FAST in local network
environment. For multi stations I used MSSSQL network server (TCP open port
1433). For SQLite system, I've wrote a complete WCF server/client then
hosted on local network. Again, the systems work great and FAST. Now I want
explore Web base application which mean that I must hosting web services on
the WWW or Cloud services.

So, my question is what web service protocol should I use to maintaining the
satisfactory POS performance (the applications still have run locally as
native app). I have looks in to JSON, REST protocol but not sure will give
the performance that I need because in POS world which requires that fast
database access to SELECT(GET), UPDATE(POST) and INSERT(PUT) in real-time or
close to real-time.

 I know that I can't get a real-time performance on web services but if I
can get 80% plus performance that worth shooting for. Thanks...

Visit our website: http://www.yesmua.com