I thought I'd seen something about it before and it seems like it used to throw
a "don't use this" exception which was much less confusing. I thought maybe
that functionality got changed in Unified. I looked in the API docs for all
table related stuff and didn't see any notes on the subject.

As overriding is a common thing to do it seems it should be easier to know if
doing it is wrong. Mystery exceptions from Obj-C seems bad and I've noticed
many of these are difficult to trace back to the cause as they pop out of the
main() method.

I've taken to using Debug.WriteLine in pretty much every method I override and
even that doesn't always make it clear. Probably there is a better way to debug
such issues but I haven't found it yet.

Thanks,
Michael McGlothlin
Sent from my iPhone