----> The Monsoon List - TucsonUnderground <--------------------------------------

        Event:   FESTIVUS FOR THE REST OF US at The Loft!
        When:   12/22/2007
        Time:   9:00  pm to  am
        Where:  The Loft Cinema
                        3233 E Speedway Blvd
                        Tucson 85716
Cost: Admission: $7.00 for Festivus and the movie / $5.00 for the movie only.

----> Event Description <---------------------------------------------------------

 Synopsis:
"Many Christmases ago, I went to buy a doll for my son. I reached for the last one they had, but so did another man. As I rained blows upon him, I realized there had to be another way."
"What happened to the doll?"
"It was destroyed. But out of that a new holiday was born... A Festivus for the rest of us!" - Frank Costanza and Kramer (Seinfeld).

Tired of the Christmas/Hanukah/Kwanza rat race? Have a few year-end “ issues” you’d like to get off your chest? Then join us at The Loft as we celebrate the world's (or at least some of the world's) favorite non-partisan, non-denominational non-holiday, FESTIVUS, courtesy of our fictional friends at Seinfeld. Compete in the challenging FEATS OF STRENGTH contest, blow off holiday steam and tell the world you're mad as hell during the AIRING OF GRIEVANCES, march in our BAD HOLIDAY SWEATER PARADE (it's the perfect opportunity to show off that truly hideous holiday sweater grandma gave you last year, so don't be afraid to really strut your stuff), revel in the splendor of video clips from the "best of the worst" TV holiday specials and bad Christmas movies (not to mention Seinfeld Festivus episode clips), and marvel at our beautifully unadorned aluminum FESTIVUS POLE. You might even receive a holiday surprise in our BAD FESTIVUS GIFT EXCHANGE, but remember ... these are gifts you wouldn't want to give OR receive, so don't get too excited! Festivus begins at 9:00 p.m., so don’t be late, or you’ll really have something to gripe about!

Then at 10:00 p.m., enjoy our special Late Night Cult Classic screening of the 1988 holiday comedy classic SCROOGED, starring a very-grumpy Bill Murray as the ultimate holiday jerk!

Admission: $7.00 for Festivus and the movie / $5.00 for the movie only.

Festivus at The Loft is sponsored by The Arizona Daily Star's Caliente (click HERE to visit their website)

Showtimes: Saturday: 9:00pm
Admission $7 - includes screening of Scrooged

The Loft Cinema
3233 E Speedway Blvd
Tucson 85716

TucsonUnderground