----> The Monsoon List - TucsonUnderground <--------------------------------------

        Event:  FIRST FRIDAY SHORTS YEAR-END SHOWDOWN #3
        When:   5/2/2008
        Time:   9:00  pm to  am
        Where:  The Loft Cinema
                        3233 E Speedway Blvd
                        Tucson 85716
        Cost:   5.00

----> Event Description <---------------------------------------------------------

Named "Best Local Film Event" by the Tucson Weekly
Sponsored by the Tucson Film Office

On the first Friday of each month at 9 p.m. Red Meat’s Max Cannon hosts the biggest, baddest short film contest in town - just bring us your short films and we’ll play them on the largest movie screen in Southern Arizona.

FYI: In July we're moving the show to the second Friday of the month (July 11th) so you can celebrate your freedom by singing along to Team America: World Police at The Loft on July 4th at 6:00 p.m.!

This month, get ready to rumble at the First Friday Shorts Year-End Showdown #3 (yes, you heard correctly, our Year-End Showdown is in May deal with it!). As we reach the end of our third year of celebrating/exploiting Tucson’s talented amateur filmmakers, we’re bringing back all 12 films that have won the coveted $100 cash prize over the past 12 months, and pitting them head-to-head in a cinematic smack-down from which only one filmmaker shall emerge victorious. Host Max Cannon calls the shots and doles out the penalties as we see who will survive to claim our Year End Showdown grand prize of $500, a year’s worth of free movies at The Loft, and the coveted First Friday Shorts championship belt! Be there or be square, because your votes will make it happen! Year 4 begins immediately following the Showdown, so bring your new films to the show as well, because one lucky filmmaker will escape the dreaded "gong" to become our first winner of the New Year, walking away with a sweet $100 in cash. Now hit the showers!

In case you've never been to a First Friday Shorts show, here are the rules: we'll play anything you've made that's under 15 minutes long and is brought to us on a dvd, vhs, or mini-dv (one film per person, dvds must be playable on a regular dvd player). Submissions are only taken on the day of the event and films are played in the order that they arrive. Every film is guaranteed to play for 3 minutes, but after that it can be gonged if the audience so chooses. If the gong is struck the film is stopped and the next film begins. If your film is gonged you can re-work it and bring it back and see if the changess you've made have pleased the audience. This is a great way to try out new things and see what an actual audience responds to, so take advantage.

Please note: Since we don't pre-screen the films we don't have any idea what the rating on the show will be. Parents are encouraged to attend the show with their kids.

READ REVIEWS OF OUR PREVIOUS CONTESTS:
http://regulus2.azstarnet.com/blogs/infilmwetrust

The Loft Cinema
3233 E Speedway Blvd