Hi Tim

Timothy Murphy (QC/EMC) wrote:
Hi Daniel,
I hope you don't mind my emailing you directly,

Not at all

I recently joined the enCore mailing list

Welcome! :)

and in your last post you mentioned the importance of
RTFM...

That was a note to my moronic self! I didn't insult anybody else! :)

I'm somewhat new to the MOO world, could you point me to the manual
which would be useful for me to RTF? :^)

http://www.juststeve.com/worldsmiths/resource.html has a few resources.
http://ftp.mudmagic.com/MOO/ProgrammersManual.info is the Manual text.
http://moo.kcc.hawaii.edu/~moo/MOO/files/documentation/wizbasics.html is very handy and points to other resources. There is a lot out there.

I am somewhat adrift in terms of
all the additions to the basic core that enCore has added.

Well, the callers() thing is not an enCore addendum. There are very few, if any, enCore built-in add-ons to the lambdamoo core; enCore is merely using lambdamoo as its server. The official lambdamoo version is deprecated in several ways, there is, amougst others, no native support for international characters åøæüöä etc., and the users who wish that must hack/patch the server manually. That's a bad thing, as enCore often is used for language learning purposes. We are wondering if we should precompile a unicode thing and ship it with the next encore release.

BTW On another list ([EMAIL PROTECTED]), which you may join as well, there is a discussion right now if and how to release a lambdamoo version 2. That could/would mean substantial enhancements to built-in features. If you are interested, I could FWD the latest messages to you.

Best,
- Daniel