Some of them *are* Mail Boxes Etc.  or FedEx/Kinkos.  The
latter is either doing it themselves or has a contract with a
company to do it.  I've heard the radio spots, saying to just
take your stuff to any FedEx/Kinkos.   I suspect others are
operating out of existing business locations, so they see it
as extra income.

Craig.

At 02:12 PM 10/01/2004 -0700, Susan Heim wrote:
>Hey Guys,
>   These new operations are amazing. I went to dinner the other evening
and while driving home down Ventura Blvd. in my neck of the woods, I saw 4
of those stores along about a three mile trek, one of which was right next
door to the restaurant I was eating at. The windows were covered with huge
signs offering to "sell on ebay". I wondered to myself how lucrative such a
business could be. I mean the rent along Ventura Blvd. is about $3-$4 a
square foot and while most of them were small shops, about the size of a
Mail Boxes Etc., it's still overhead.  I will be curious to see how long
they last.

>Sue Heim

-- one of those new services where people just hand over their stuff to
them and they auction it for them. A lot of people have questioned if these
services can provide the kind of expertise needed to properly auction
collectibles. In this case, technically, they did put it in the right
category. Technically, it *is* a reproduction in some ways I suppose. But
most collectors would consider it an "original" -- assuming it is the
original as issued for the promotion of a release of the film. Anyone ever
hear of any later-date reproductions of these large-size 3D holographic
posters? Seems it would be a pretty expensive endeavor.

> -- JR

CINERAMA logo on them - http://cinerama.topcities.com/20013d.htm. I guess
maybe when the movie played at non CINERAMA theatres they could of had the
same 3-D poster without the CINERAMA logo? I wonder why the seller put it
under the Posters > Reproductions > 2000-Now EBAY category if  it was a
1968 original release? Does anyone have the pressbooks for 2001 for the
Cinerama release and non Cinerama release? That would show all the posters
available to the movie theatre.

> Roland Lataille
> Cinerama web site:
> http://cinerama.topcities.com
>

>Helmut Hamm <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  BLOCKQUOTE { PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px } DL {
PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px } UL { PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px;
PADDING-TOP: 0px } OL { PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px } LI {
PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px }
>Looks original to me. The 3-D displays for 2001 not only came in the
postcard size, but also as 11x14s and in app. one-sheet size.

> What you can tell from the images, this appears to be 3-D.
>
> Seems to me somebody got a steal here...
>
> Helmut
>
> $481 for a reproduction? This looks like a blow up of one of the 3-D
postcards I have of 2001 a space odyssey.

http://cgi.ebaycom/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=3840613897&ssPageName
=STRK:MEWA:IT

>Send a message addressed to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
>The author of this message is solely responsible for its content.

>Send a message addressed to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
>The author of this message is solely responsible for its content.

>Send a message addressed to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>In the BODY of your message type: SIGNOFF MOPO-L
>The author of this message is solely responsible for its content.

Craig Miller         Wolfmill Entertainment        [EMAIL PROTECTED]