Heritage Auctions went up in my book.  Sue, I'm glad
it worked out!
Toochis
--- Susan Heim <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

---------------------------------
Hello all,
   I wanted to let you know the outcome of my
situation with yesterday's Heritage auction. I want to
publicly thank Tricia Gonzales at Heritage and her
supervisors that bought the Sergeant York one sheet
back from the high bidder and secured it for me. I had
to pay more than the final gavel price, but was
willing to do it as I had said in my previous emails,
to fulfill an obligation to a customer of mine.
Firstly, I wanted to make sure that the highest bidder
that had won the sheet was not going to be hurt by
giving it up. As it turned out, I was told it was a
person who was not a collector but saw it and thought
it was attractive but was willing to give it up. I
don't know who they are, but want to thank them
profusely. I don't do well with something hanging over
my head and I have searched for two years to find the
replacement poster due to the Joe Hernandez theft of
my posters. As I had said, there were two items in the
auctions that I was not called on. The first being the
Sergeant York one sheet.  The second item was for me
personally and while I am upset that the situation
happened, I do realize that mistakes happen, even
though I was told that it was inexcusable and due to
check systems they have in place, should have never
happened. So it goes.............I hope everybody that
was bidding got some little tidbit for their
collection. Many thanks also to Grey. It was a
beautiful auction and I appreciate your behind the
scenes help in securing the Sergeant York.

Sue Heim