Dave,
You couldn't have picked a better icon than Bogey.  I adore him and your website.
Congratulations,
Toochis

Dave Ressler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hello Phil & Mila,

Many thanks for your well-wishes. As a bit of an explanation of the Bogart rant on the home page (for those who might be interested), it is actually all of his spoken lines as Duke Mantee in The Petrified Forest, strung together as a continuous dialog. If I have a dozen favorite Bogart lines, at least half of them are here. Perhaps my #1 favorite: "I spent most of my time since I grew up in jail -- it looks like I'll spend the rest of my life dead". Classic stuff. Bogart had his lines honed from doing the play on Broadway, and just listening to Bogart's delivery is enough to understand why Leslie Howard refused to make the film without him. And of course this was the role that put Bogie over the top and made him a star.

The image on the home page is NOT from The Petrified Forest, but from King Of The Underworld instead. However, it is my favorite Bogart image of all time, and the embodiment of "cool". I couldn't resist using it.

Dave

Phil Edwards Cinema Arts <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Dave - All good luck with your website and for the future. It has some very nice pieces and the Bogart rant is a riot!
Regards,
Phil & Mila

Phil Edwards Cinema Arts Pty Ltd
26 Vista Avenue
Soldiers Point
NSW 2317
AUSTRALIA
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Phone/Fax (International Dial) 0011 61 2 49847233
Phone/Fax  (Domestic Dial) 02 4984 7233