From: MoPo List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Ralph
Plumb
Sent: Thursday, February 17, 2005 10:24 AM
To: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU
Subject: Re: [MOPO] are WANT LISTS on mopo a waste of time?????

Michael
I agree with you.  I put a want list for Hitchcock half sheets and
inserts.  I got 4 responses and I sent emails to each person. Only
Kirby responded with a item and a price. The others did not bother.
When I see an obvious collector's want list and I have something they
may want, I send them an email with what I feel is a reasonable price
taking into consideration that I do not have the hassle or expense of
an ebay sale. However, when I see an obvious dealer asking for
particular poster, I always have the same reaction. Why sell to a
dealer so that they can make the big bucks? Am I alone in this feeling?
Ralph