Has anyone ever had to resort to filing a dispute with a seller on Ebay
over
merchandise paid for but never received?

I just did this today for the first time ever and - no - it wasn't
movie paper or
even memorabilia.

The seller marked the auction as paid on 6/11 and emailed me on 6/21
saying that she had had an injury as well as a death in her family but
was sending my purchase out that day.

Well, so far - nothing received.  I emailed her numerous times and have
had no response at all.  She cashed my check and I have the cancelled
check with her signature on the back.

I gave her one last chance and said that I would be contacting Ebay
if she did not answer.  Well, she didn't and I did.

I filed the dispute and she has not even answered them.  I also tried
calling the phone number on the invoice.  This morning it rang and
rang but never answered and tonight it announced that the number
had been temporarily disconnected.

So - had anyone been through this stuff before?  How does Ebay
handle it and do they contact you or do you have to keep checking
back on the dispute page.

I am so angry because this person just is not responding at all and
she has my money and I don't have the item that I paid for.

It's been nine days since she said she was sending it and maybe
it could have been here from England by this time!

Any wisdom to offer?  I would appreciate it.

The good thing is that it wasn't movie paper.  In fact, other than
really
minor stuff and various bad shipping techniques (or lack of) I've
never had a problem with Ebay sellers and movie paper.  Says
something positive about the hobby, doesn't it?

Thanks in advance,

Nathalie