Hi Simon et al,

As sellers who sell both on auction and in our eBay store 52 weeks a
year, as well as through our website, we long ago stopped taking notice
of "watchers" on an item. It's actually meaningless as do zero bids
until the end of auction or end of a store item listing.

People watch for so many reasons that any number of watchers doesn't
mean any of them is interetsed in bidding.

It is just another eBay gimmick.

As for sniping. I only ever snipe when bidding and at the end of the
day, the high bid is the high bid, whether it was sniped or not so as a
seller I certainly have no objections to people sniping when they bid on
our auctions.

Phil

simonoram wrote:

I no longer use the Ebay watching tool anymore, ever since I learnt
the fact
that the Ebay seller of that particular auction can see the amount of
watchers. The main reason is, that it is unfair and gives the seller a
false
sense of interest in the item. Secondly I like to manage myself, I don't
need Ebay to remind me about auctions and any auctions that I am going
to go
for seriously go into a snipe program.

If I am watching a auction for interest rather than bidding purposes, I
bookmark into my own folder on my PC, that is sufficient enough, I can
always check on the item that way and I don't have to log into Ebay.

The watching program on Ebay is no more than a gimmick and a very
nasty one
at that (for the seller).

Simon