   From: lobby card invasion
   To: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU
   Sent: Wednesday, January 10, 2007 3:08    PM
   Subject: Re: [MOPO] Yvonne De Carlo    1922-2007

I find it a bit sad that for so many people De Carlo is    synanymous to TV's
The Munsters.

The older among us will surly    remember De Carlo as the sexy, feisty, fiery,
queen of the adventure    movies of our youth.
Whether its in the Wild West(Tomahawk 1951), abord a    pirate ship(Buccaneer
Girl 1950), in the treacherous dark allies of old    Algiers(Casbah 1948),
decorating a saloon on a gambling riverboat(River    Lady 1948), on a far away
island in the South Seas(Hurricane Smith 1952),    or in a classic Film
Noir(Brute Force 1947), we always knew we can expect    a real foxy lady.

A lot of her early movies were with Universal    International which produced
some of the most beautiful posters in the    late 40's to mid 50's.  And they
are still reasonably    priced.

Zeev