Most of the articles I've gotten through DHL have been damaged.  They've
reimbursed me for it but it such a pain.
Toochis

----- Original Message ----
From: Kirby McDaniel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU
Sent: Thursday, February 1, 2007 10:54:56 PM
Subject: Re: [MOPO] help please....best way to ship a linen backed SIX SHEET
overseas to Japan?

On Feb 2, 2007, at 12:51 AM, Kirby McDaniel wrote:

DHL will insure it, but FED EX will not.You know what DHL stand for, don't you.
Day and Half Late.
Kirby McDaniel
www.movieart.net

On Feb 2, 2007, at 12:17 AM, susan olson wrote:

Dave, Go to your local hardware store and get a 6 inch (width) PVC leach  line
(not ribbed or with holes), have them cut it to your desired length (usually I
go 6 extraa inches, for packing)
also be sure to clean the inside of the tube (I stick mine in the shower )
before inserting your rolled wrapped poster
pack ends so that poster isnt slamming around,( but not to tightly as to damage
ends)
and then cap ends (either with appropriate sized caps, from same hardware store
or cut cardboard caps)
cut to just fit the inside of the tube (you don’t want any lip, jutting out
beyond tube)

I always use plenty of tape, over end cap running lenth wise with tube and then
overlap these straps around the tube!

I have had nothing but problems with DHL
Fed-X and UPS have size restrictions (cant remember what they are, but will
also cost you an arm or a leg,
The U.S Postal Service offers a very nice service with tracking  and insurance
EXPRESS MAIL PRIORITY
or EMS that I have found to be Excellent!
Best, Susan