I have to compliment Susan Olson on her restoration abilities.  I know you're
retired, Susan.  I had a large 2-panel Italian Barbarella that Susan
linen-backed and restored.  It's gorgeous and the colors pop amazingly.  Sue
Heim framed it and it hangs in our conference room.

I'm partial to linen backing because the large pieces I have would be brittle
if they weren't put through the linen backing process.  I have other posters in
terrific shape that are framed as is.  I think if one cannot afford a pristine
piece, the linen backing is a great option.  I like to be flexible.

I used to collect first edition American signed fiction.  There are some books
in my collection which I would love to have rebound.  The books were lovingly
read, in some cases over a hundred years ago.  To keep them in this condition
would not do my collection nor the book any good.  Of course, I would love the
book in great shape, however some are so rare, I was lucky to get the copy I
have.

I went to a gallery here in Los Angeles and they have a wonderful drawing of a
nude by George Grosz who is one of my favorite artists.  It goes for tons of
money and the gallery owner said it needed some restoration.  It doesn't need
it on the image but rather the paper near the image because it's foxing.  As
with books, foxing is a terrible condition that threatens many paper works.  If
I had the money for the piece and to restore it, I would.

When I have the funds, I'll get some resto on some of my other posters and
certainly my books.  The problem usually is that I use the funds to buy more
paper rather than restore what I have.

Toochis