  From: Alan Adler
  To: Glenn Taranto
  Cc: mopo-l@listserv.american.edu
  Sent: Sunday, May 11, 2008 1:55 PM
  Subject: Re: [MOPO] The one that got away -

  Once when I first came to Hollywood in the late 1970's...

  I was broke, of course, and living off burritos -
  (Paid for with movie posters - I might add.)

  I went to a Sotheby's auction, I think -
  Long before movie posters really showed their face at such events -

  There was this German 24 sheet for the original Frankenstein.
  And it was as gothic as a frame from Caligari -
  Went sold or even unsold for $150 as I remember -
  But one thing about lost fish -
  The longer ago they slipped off the line -
  The bigger they seem to get!

  Alan Adler