  From: Jeff Potokar
  To: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU
  Sent: Monday, June 23, 2008 2:52 AM
  Subject: [MOPO] George Carlin-- good bye

  hey all,

  George Carlin, the dean of counterculture comedians whose biting insights on
life and language were immortalized in his "Seven Words You Can Never Say On
TV" routine, died of heart failure Sunday. He was 71.

  Carlin went into a Santa Monica hospital Sunday afternoon complaining of
chest pain and died later that evening, said his publicist, Jeff Abraham.