Dario

I normally agree with you but I believe you are far too liberal  here and I
agree with Michael.
Let's begin with "G", VG", et al.  These are meaningless  except in the mind
of the writer who is looking at a poster.  The same  holds true for pinholes,
tears, smudges, tape and missing paper.  It is  essential to know where these
defects are on the poster.  I can live with  pinholes in many parts of a
poster but not in the face of a movie star.   The same hold true for all the
other
defects.  Dario---------Don't you  believe a buyer should be told where the
defects are on the  poster?

I recently bought a poster on ebay from a seller  who had a  small picture
and did not state defects.  He called the poster very  good.  I had been
seeking
this poster for about 10 years and was very  nervous about it because the
seller was not a regular poster dealer and it was  well over $1000.  I took a
shot and won at $1400.  When it came, it  had about 20 small holes in the faces
of the 2 stars.  I wanted it, so I  asked for a reduction in price.  I
complained to paypal and got $300 which  paid for the extra restoration needed.
 Had
the poster not been so  rare, I would have opted for my money back.  My main
point here is  this:  Had the picture clearly shown the defects, i would still
have won  the auction but the bidding would have been much lower.  For posters
not  that rare (it was Rose of Washington Square if you are interested) I
would not  bid at all.

I believe these sellers prefer to maintain generic descriptions to  keep
people bidding.   If these posters were in really fine shape they  would not
have
to be described with tears, holes, etc.  However, in  fairness to these 2
sellers, most of their material is low priced and reasonably  priced.  I know
the
DeMaio's a long time and they have always posted prices  for their material
just about right or below the market.  Bill Luten is a  long time seller who
starts at low prices for posters but a lot of his material  is overpriced even
though it is a low price.

My suggestion to anyone who wants to buy a poster:  Email the  seller and ask
where the defects are.  The problems arise (like in my  situation) where the
seller says there are no defects and there are some when  the poster arrives.

Claude

fuel-efficient used cars.