well if that is true that would be something... I heard of Martin Korber as he is with tehh AMIA group and this does nor surprise me as with most early film is was not saved and sat in barns//

A company that was making me a crate back in 80s found tin buckets of nitrate in a barn..that was from the early edison films. they donated it to the library of congress that ironically has the film depository at wright pattterson air force base in Dayton.. becaue they used to store all the war footage there also.

Its remarkable if it wasnt for collectors most of te pop culture would have been trashed years ago.

this would be great especially if Kino released a version..

It would be cool if someone found London after midnight also. and many otehr lost films..

Linwood Dunn created a machine that turned paper negatives back into film as the only copies of many were on paper rolls and started to disintergrate.. Linwood worked with willis Obrien... at RKO and when Rko wouldnt finance it Linwood gave the machine to Kemp Niver who refilmed in 16mm frame by frame all the paper negs and received a academy technical acheivement award...

this is cool news... and Imagine whet that would be like...... what concerns me was wheat kind of broken projector was used and di the print get scratched up super bad,,, but hey if this is true it could be awesome

Roger Kim wrote:

This is amazing news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A complete Metropolis print supposedly exists.

Let's not forget that this film ranked #4 on MPC's all time greatest sci-fi list.

-rk