IMDB is a wonderful website. It's invaluable. But they don't only list feature
films.  They list TV episodes (actually series, but with listings for each
episode).  And they list short films.  One minute.  Two minutes.  Ten
minutes.  Twenty minutes in length.  I'm discussing feature films.

If you include everything, of all lengths, designed for any and all mediums,
than yes, your number isn't some wild ass guess with no basis in fact.  It's
still a guess but it's closer to reality. If you're talking about actual feature
length films made with at least the hope of a theatrical release, then your
number is way way way off.

Even if we accept the IMDB number as being accurate, and double it for
the rest of the year, it's only half the number you first gave and only an
eighth of the number you later increased it to.  But, of course, we can't
really accept the IMDB number because it isn't only feature films.  And
while this film you give as an example might be feature length -- I'll take
your word for it, since what's on YouTube is just 10 minutes long -- it's also
apparently soft-core porn, which can be made very very cheaply.  The
acting, from the couple minutes I watched, is hardly top quality; the lighting
and camera work also leaves a good deal to be desired.  For a Troma
direct-to-DVD, it's fine, but it isn't theatrical quality.  And I'm guessing I
must have missed the parts that qualify it as being much better than what
comes out of the studios.

Oh, and if you want to throw credits back and forth, I've worked on major
studio films and independent films.  I've been a guest speaker at film
festivals and distribution markets in the US, the UK, France, Italy, and the
Screen Producers Association of Australia (an organization of independent
film producers) just asked me to come speak at their conference in
November.  (I've even been on panels with Lloyd Kaufman.)

I've worked with George Lucas, Stephen Spielberg, Jim Henson, Tom
Hanks, John Boorman, Christopher Lee, Edward Woodward, Ken Russell,
Anthony Shaffer, Robin Hardy, Richard Lester, Richard Donner, Howard
Gottfried, Danny Melnick, Frank Oz, Frank Marshall,

Luigi Cingolani, John
Carpenter,

Oliver Stone, Ed Pressman, etc. etc. etc.

So I do know what I'm talking about.

Craig.