Ill adress your  Home issues and the economy minus the political...

1.) I bought a home last Sept... I was Divorced in 2000 and had worked to re-build my life and credit

by 2006 I had zero debt, some money, and I had a credit score of 824- 720- and I think 710 so average 700+ .. However since i was self employed and my divorce having lost my paid OFF home Banks where starting to get tight on loans, So the options where getting tougher for me. 2.) I had tryed to Buy back my old building however it was Mixed use c-3 commercial property and the banks where not able to sel lthe paper to fannie mae. 3.) so that left the indie Mortgage Brokers who are the ones that have helped fleece many Buyers by lureing into deals that they couldnt handle. Like balloon payments a APR variables. These folks that did it including me where being told that real estate would keep riseing in value and so everyone assumed they where OK. In my case the Broker bought this home in 2006 at 83k in forclosure... then when I bought it he told me we had to " Buy down" the interest. and rolled closeing and costs I have no idea where so that I ennded up paying 115-K I agree we should be responcible.... My apt lease ended in July 2007 so the Guy said I was approved at 5.% Then even said ' Move in " before we closed... then they told me the Banks were failing and my deal fell through.. so I said WAIT ill move back out!! meanwhile I lost about a month in sales waiting to know if I had a house or not... so then the guy gives me papers with all the costs crazyl ike Im told these predator loans where done

And remember, This was- Leyman BROs who appear to Know exactly what they where doing ... because Ive never missed a payment and LOOK they are Broke.. NOT me, But I should in my opinion get a 5 % interest rate,, and get my money back for the trumped up costs,, and get a price adjustment on the cost to meet fair market value as I neve even saw the damn appraisal... Andrea these people where vultures and sure I could have passed on the deal but they told me one thing and then did another,,, they even tryed to back out of the addendums one being a Furnace and air,,, and the home warrantty...

I took the deal like many of the millions in USA because it sounded plausible and was offered as such.. the answer to me is simple and is what the GOVernment is offering.. believe and thats to- finance the loans in a way that people can pay them in a proper cash flow way,, .. whats funny was my 1st building was at 12-1/2% interest bi- weekly 8 year loan term !!
that was hard and was also unfair  but we did it in 1981.
This place in 30 year term would be 300-K... I don't ill live to pay it so I look at it as rent...as the place is depreciateing like others,,

Should you foot the Bill??? No... But what the issue is is that the entire market is crumbling not just from houses alone but from consumer over-spending in all sectors.. People over leaveraged thier assets. so they borrowed on credit Cards. then refinanced the cards with home equity ( overinflateed ) from the houses.. then they are loseing the houses as they cant pay the larger loans that where consolidated from overall debt... Its not anyones fault but the entire way that American Credit system and business globally kept ahead of the game by moving so fast,,, some people made out like bandits and have lots of money. But the companys that invested in mutual funds and people futures where invested in are now almost worthless.. they gave money to money managers ... what was there mistake?? where they stupid.. or deceptive?? I dont believe the middle class familys should be blamed like they are failiers because they say many of these people had great credit and did pay.. Its about JOBS - most people are limited in getting work and are nor taught how to survive and how to be entrepeneuers like mopo dealers and self made people... They went to college , built familys and dont understand adapting like many do./ so they need guidence and help... and as fellow americans and people of the world we need Humanitarian efforts for all peoples globally.

.The fact is that Companys are letting people Go because they cannot survive.. The Big guys like GM and many more are so big they are crumbleing becaue LACK of sales and High costs- Bigger they are harder they fall syndrome..

Part of the American dream as I was brought up was to share with the afflicted , downtrodden, and those in need. Many of the poor people are mentally affected to where they cannot function, the drugs and alcahol and cigeraettes, gambleing and Sex business are probably whats propping up the country..In Ohio we are surounded by Lotterys and stats that use gambling as a source to fund education..... I find that odd.. because it teachs Kids that if you want to raise money you need to tax Cigs , alcahol, and have a lottery otherwise there is no there means to get capital... OK? Te medical industry... we appear to ave the best - however like school teachers we should get a plan to keep health care and make it availible to all people regardless of income as its not a luxery but a emergency and one medical treatment can be more than a House cost 100+ and most americans are not fit as our nutrition and health programs are bust,,, damn when I look around ive never seen so many obese peopl ever includeing kids... we need to inform and we would save many many procedures in healthcare by informing public of health awareness.

As far as helping people re-build... I am for it and think it should be a American way to uite brtherhood by getting people to visit and offer labor and help, corportate sponsors and the like.
I agree we should help the sick and needy
Also I think the over 60 crowd is getting a sham JOB.... they are being bilked by these shady characters that are steeling thier life saveings and they are people that had all the things that people where supposed to do.. like insureance, pension... etc.. they invested in the hopes of living comfortable and then if you look.... It wasnt the small family that Lied and cheated ,, It was the powerbrokers that covered thier asses and misrepresented the paper If im hearing the c-span discovery correct and they are still doing it Hopefully the good people that I believe are also in the Mix will see what happened and help those in need.

I am not laying blame solely on one segment oor persons.. the mess is shared by us all and I will accept that ive contributed in a way... but the anser in my opinion is we need to clean up and start over . Just if the banks get slate wiped clean and funding.. the borrowers should also get a fresh start otherwise
ther will be plenty more forclosers and bank failiers...
And if that happens it will take the whole economy down.
In my case i plan to just get to work and keep on doing what ive done.. also I will try to keep improving..

If we do what you say and hold everyone accountable for biteing off more than we can chew.. that is exactly why Our country is in Debt, the banks are Broke and almost all the stock market is tumbling...
because they all lived beyond means,,
Except Warren Buffet.... because he still lived in his 60 k house and is pretty damn smart and sensible
down to earth and sees that people need basic stuff...

I tink Senior citizens need more advocates and it appears that we will get some remedys happening soon.

So best to you  Folks and Andrea,

Freedom Lover wrote:

What needs to happen, Tom, is that those who made purchases they couldn't afford should lose their credit and go into foreclosure. People who bit off more than they could chew have to hold themselves responsible for their own foolishness. What about those of us who worked our tails off for years, didn't screw up, and now have the American Dream? Should WE be made responsible for the failures of others who made irresponsible choices? Should WE be penalized for doing it right? Should we give up OUR reward and say, well, it's not the people's fault. It's the mortgage company's fault? Sorry, Tom, not me. It takes two to tango. Whoever f**ked up gets to clean up, IMO.

We have corrupt politicians, and lazy greedy citizens who have that 'gimme gimme' attitude. Many act as if they're entitled! I ask you, IN WHAT LIFE? At least McCain will hurt the responsible guys less and hold the losers more accountable. The exceptions to the rule: 1.Those who lost everything due to medical bills and illnesses. THEY should be helped out out of compassion. They didn't do anything wrong or stupid. 2. Veterans - You risk your life for me; I owe you and am grateful. 3. Weather - People should be helped to rebuild, but NOT in the same questionable area.

(IMO, if BO wanted to be POTUS, he'd have offered veep to Hillary eons ago. This proves to me, it wasn't about doing what's best for America. It was about his ego and lust for power.) With McCain, we still might not drill and I'm working with many groups to fend that off. Doesn't matter what Palin wants. With Barack, we still MAY drill, because he can pushed. If Bush couldn't overturn Roe v. Wade, then it's not an issue.

I'm an avid environmentalist, but I'm more into morality than anything else. McCain is simply more honorable and his love for America is obvious. My groups and I will simply work around him.

I am done speaking about politics on MoPo. It's the one place Barack Obama can't shove his face in my space! Please let's keep them off our sacred site. Perusing posters is one of my ways to relax. Sorry for the inconvenience everyone. Please return to having a lovely day.
Andrea