  From: David Kusumoto
  To: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU
  Sent: Wednesday, November 05, 2008 5:50 PM
  Subject: [MOPO] E.T. Bicycle 1sh. "faux controversy."

  ** Hey Dave Lieberman of Scottsdale -- on the contrary -- when it comes to
Dan Rickard and Bob Brooks -- while initially skeptical of their analysis of
some titles, particularly minty white inserts -- I was turned around 100% after
their investigation turned up other major discoveries, particularly the Pulp
Fiction advance.  I don't believe I'm undercutting their knowledge or
contributions to our hobby -- by raising questions about your website, specific
to "E.T." only.

  ** Meanwhile, your "bait-and-trap question," "Now I'm wondering.....do you
think those guys are full of shit??" -- is in my view, ridiculous.  It's also
my view that it's a dumb defense of your representations about this title --
because it never answered my original question, e.g., "what were the
measurements of the E.T. bike poster consigned to you by the woman from ILM?"
At worst, you're not properly attributing information on your website about
alleged "first and second printings of the E.T. bike poster" -- or at best,
you're hoping it won't get noticed by consumers, that your high-profile
presence on eBay and other intangibles are equivalent to having authoritative
words stamped in gold.  Even the best dealers and buyers (including myself,
mostly a buyer) -- have admitted we might be "unsure" or at times even dead
wrong about what we write or say.

  ** My views are based on what I've actually handled since 1982, measuring
tape in hand.  The idea of a sanctioned "second printing" of a "studio issue"
poster never intended for theatrical use -- doesn't make sense.  It further
doesn't make sense based on what we know of Amblin Entertainment's operations
(and Amblin personnel will never confirm anything about the design/distribution
of its marketing materials, in "mock-up internal" or "final external" form).
I'm willing to be corrected if anyone has handled a genuine 27 x 41 "first
printing bike poster" -- but until then -- I'm sticking with the simpler and
more common-sense (to me) position -- that there was only one printing of the
E.T. bike poster -- and that poster has always been 26 3/4 x 40 1/2 -- like the
VERY POSTERS now offered on your site for $1,595.

  ** Dave, as a reliable buyer of your material in the past, I've had zero
problems with you.  But am suggesting that you could be wrong -- while I myself
concede (though not readily) -- that despite what I've written and researched
-- despite all my fact checking in California specific to "E.T." since 1982 --
that I too might be wrong.  But again, "a second printing" of a studio issued
poster NEVER INTENDED to be used theatrically?  The idea of Spielberg handing
out a batch of "27 x 41 first printings" -- and none leaking out at Comic-con
in 1982 or elsewhere in the subsequent 30 years -- is astounding to me, a
certified "E.T." NUT.  What you have on your site right now -- are all ORIGINAL
FIRST PRINTINGS -- and anything else in a larger size would be immediately
suspect to me.

  -kuz w/the news.