From: MoPo List [mailto:mop...@listserv.american.edu] On Behalf Of Mike
Laskowsky
Sent: Sunday, March 08, 2009 4:08 PM
To: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU
Subject: [MOPO] Ebay verses other auctions like Herritage, etc...

Just curious of your views on Ebay auctions verses big auction houses
like Herritage and many others.

It just surprises me that I see such great vintage movie posters and
lobbies on Ebay by well known sellers with highly collected titles in
great condition and priced fairly, yet no buyers. Yet Herritage always
seems to pull in winning bidders who bid more than you can buy it Ebay
and plus a 20% buyers premium. I have also won items from Herritage, but
most times find their grading to be a bit off. I have bought posters
that were graded Fine+ and when received, I would not even had given it
a grade of Fine. Most Ebay sellers will accept returns where Herritage
will not.

What are your views on these auctions?