I believe this KING KONG 24 Sheet was already in Morrie Everett's Auction in
Columbus a few years ago.  It was the same auction which had the two original
SON OF KONG 3 Sheets which I won.
Todd

Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 04:00:38 -0400
From: jrl...@mediabearonline.com
Subject: Re: [MOPO] it's back......and KING KONG 24sh
To: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU

The KING KONG 24-sheet would be certainly be very impressive if one had the
wall space... 9 high by 20 feet wide... but... in regards to the discussion we
were having earlier, the artwork isn't really very good or an accurate
representation of Kong... nor of Fay Wrag, Robert Armstrong or Bruce Cabot.

$65,000? Hmmm... seem a bit pricey for a 1952 re-release with poor artwork,
even if it is a "Kong-Size" 24 sheet. Condition looks very good, though.

Something like this should be put up in a prestige auction at a major house if
the seller really wants to sell it. I can't see anyone coughing up $65 K on
Ebay. Heck, he doesn't even throw in the ever-popular "free shipping"... he
wants 18 bucks to ship it.

Still, it ain't something you see every day:

http://cgi.ebay.com/KING-KONG-US-24-Sheet-original-movieposter-1952-R_W0QQitemZ180390445041QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item2a001bbff1&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14

-- JR

Neil Jaworski wrote:

PS On a less flippant note, I see the seller is offering a King Kong 24-sheet
which genuinely does look pretty WOW!!!    Thoughts?

http://www.bing.com/search?q=restaurants&form=MLOGEN&publ=WLHMTAG&crea=TXT_MLOGEN_Local_Local_Restaurants_1x1