*From:* Richard Halegua Comic Art <sa...@comic-art.com>
*To:* MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU
*Sent:* Wednesday, September 9, 2009 3:13:23 PM
*Subject:* [MOPO] Unbelievably Customer-Friendly Poster Business

*today I got an email that I couldn't believe from Bruce
it seems they sold some Blue Brothers French posters that weren't up to snuff and researched every buyer - including myself - for years back.
I bought one in 2005 and they want to refund my moolah.

kudos Bruce. That is incredible customer service

Rich.. Bruce's letter below:

*This is Bruce. We recently sold a French one-panel poster that had the distributor logo "Cine Poster" at the bottom, and after we sold the poster, we were notified by a leading French expert that this was a commercial poster, and not a theater poster. Apparently, this company has been making commercial versions of regular French theater posters for approximately 30 years. Unlike U.S. commercial posters, which are usually a different size and have some other differences from theatrical posters, these French commercial posters appear to be exactly the same as the French theatrical posters, with the sole exception of the "Cine Poster" logo.

So we cancelled that sale. But then it occurred to us that we may well have unknowingly sold other Cine Poster commercial posters in the past, so we spent a GREAT deal of time researching EVERY French poster we EVER sold, and we had to look at every single image, to see if the logo was on it, and we were able to determine that over the past 9 years we sold 42 of these (40 of them were one-panels, and two of them were the "medium" size French posters).

You purchased 1 of those 42 posters from us.
The poster you won is (we give the date, the auction number, the title, and the closing price):
6/28/2005 7525607578 BLUES BROTHERS $16.50

Since it did not sell for very much money, we want to offer you one of two options:

1) You can return it to us for a full refund, including shipping.

2) You can keep the poster, and we will give you a partial refund (just think what you would have paid for the poster had you known that it was a commercial poster, and if we agree you are being fair, we will refund you the difference).

Remember that the poster looks identical to the theatrical poster (except for the distributor logo "Cine Poster" at the bottom), and that it was made when the movie was first released (unless we identified as a re-release, and then it was made when the movie was re-released at that time).

Of course, we are very sorry this occurred. It was something we did not know, and we are rather surprised that no one e-mailed over the past nine years to give us this information (we will now do all we can to spread this information throughout the hobby). As always, we do now have any "time limit" on correcting mistakes we made (in this case, we are correcting mistakes that go back as far as 9 years!), and our goal is to always make sure our customers are happy, and to correct every mistake we make in such a way that we turn an unhappy experience into a happy one!

Please let us know which of the above two options you would prefer. Thanks very much, and please accept my sincere apology for making this unknowing error.