And are we to discount material from the last to decades as uncollectable? That seems rather closed-minded. There is a new generation of collectors like me who concentrate on hypermodern material because the classic material is mostly unatainable but for the wealthy. Moreover, the posters that you so quickly discount and insult now will, over the next decades, come into their own. Great collections are not built upon only classics - they are built upon individual vision and tastes. Whether or not you like the subject of the collection, I defy you to find another of its ken.

Btw, you reviewed a collection of 3000 posters in how much time to allow you to pass judgment on me, sir?

Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

From: rixpost...@aol.com
Date: December 19, 2009 10:54:20 AM EST
To: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU
Subject: [MOPO] Fwd: [MOPO] Fwd: [MOPO] New Poster Forum/Group

Hey, maybe I'm from another generation of movie poster collectors, but the collection of Japanese posters touted as "one of the best collections in the world" appears to primarily consist of posters from the past 10 to 15 years. I can't imagine it being considered among the best Japanese poster collections in Des Moines or Duluth, let alone THE WORLD. Hey, you might have a problem with Claude--but at least we don't hear him bragging about his collection of Charlie Chan material from the 30's and 40's (which is, indeed, a collection he could brag about if he so desired). I've always found that the collectors who truly have the best collections don't advertise what a great collection they have.
                                                         Rick Ryan