I have news for you... Our youngest is in college and she's had to pay for it herself, with a little help from us. NOT ONE POSTER WAS SOLD for this. It's gone to: if anyone is ever kidnapped, we can save them, or 'if we get an incurable disease where the cure is in another country THEN...' and 'as long as it's not about Harry or the Thurston 'Rose Queen', or the Cat People or my B&B Antelopes from 1890, and you know, we just went ahead and put all the posters in the will. I'm sure we'll end up living by train tracks in a shanty with our posters and our cats... ;)

What began as my husband's obsession has morphed into our preferred way of life. All I want is a large church or warehouse, movie theatre or museum that we can convert into a home. I want all the 24 shts up. I want them ALL up. I want to live in a museum setting. I want wood benches, fabulous lighting, and a kick-ass security system. We're already eccentric, so what does it matter what others think? They're all wrong. We want to sell both homes and live out our dreams. So, if anyone knows of such a place (where the climate is primarily warm), please give a shout. My husband declared last week, and he meant it, that he is now allergic to the cold. No amount of discussion will change it. So warm climate is my only hope.

Personally, I'd love some stained glass windows and domed ceilings, but that's being pushy....

Andrea

On Jan 17, 2010, at 4:30 AM, steve olson wrote:

My wife and I live part time in another country and I usually come home before she does. That gives me an opening to take over nice virgin walls and put up such things as a 6 sheet of a train wreck (Green Eyed Monster) and a 3 sheet of smiling Japanese girls giving Sean Connery a hand-job (You Only Live Twice). Last time back I put up Deep Throat and Supervixens. She never even complains about the horror posters, although I have had visitors boycott the spare room with the Time Machine 3 sheet. When I see “that look” on her face I go into all the other bad habits I could have and that posters will put our kid thru college and she backs off. It is good to be married to a smart woman. Now if I could only get her to let me start on the master bedroom…
Steve

From: MoPo List [mailto:mop...@listserv.american.edu] On Behalf Of Claude Litton
Sent: Friday, January 15, 2010 1:48 PM
To: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU
Subject: Re: [MOPO] real poster issues are afoot (warning: loong)

I guess I am truly lucky. I have almost 300 posters framed in the house and many are my wife's choices. The entire sci-fi and monster collection was her choosing. I was a Chan and Bond collector before she got into the act. Today many of the posters are the ones she wanted.

My wife has three walls of movie posters in her office in the house and her favorite is TCFTBL.

CJL