    From: rixpost...@aol.com
    Sent: Aug 5, 2010 8:01 PM
    To: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU
    Subject: Re: [MOPO] The Worlds RAREST Movie Posters Book Is
    Fantastic!!!

With all this discussion about 40x60's, it seems as if any
    attention regarding 30x40's has fallen by the wayside. Over the
    years, I've had too many customers to count who, after purchasing
    their first 30x40 became so enamored with the fact that they were
    rolled and, unlike 1-sheets from the late 70's back, had no fold
    marks---that they would ask me to please let them know as soon as
    I got in more 30x40's.  (Also, their size is much closer to the
    size of a one sheet that a 40x60's size).  I doubt that there were
    more 30x40's printed than 40x60's.  It's a bit strange, though,
    how there is hardly any mention of 30x40's at all.  Were the
    unique designs of 50's Sci-Fi or other genres limited primarily to
    40x60's?  I know of one collector who has been looking for a 30x40
    on Chinatown for the past 10 years...and he'll continue to search
    until he finds one.
    A one sheet just won't do.  He's among a small group of fanatical
    30x40 collectors I've met over the years.
    In each of there cases, all it took was buying their first 30x40's
    on one of their favorite titles and they were hooked.  A 40x60
    wouldn't do, either.  It had to be a 30x40.
                                                                     Rick
    Visit the MoPo Mailing List Web Site at www.filmfan.com