  From: Phil Edwards
  To: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU
  Sent: Monday, December 06, 2010 2:07 PM
  Subject: Re: [MOPO] Question on Bruce's auction

  For a period during this time, NSS had  a set up in UK, hence the NSS info.
Perhaps Richard Evans can avail us of his research skills and let us know when
the NSS UK operation was in existence.

  These 8x10 colour and black and white sets, which are different to press
stills in that they have proper contractual credits on them and in ten majority
of cases were lithos and not photographic reproduction due to the mass
production nature of their required use, and in some more rare instances had an
"artistic" title treatment were always called Front of House Stills, or Front
of House Colour Sets, abbreviated to FoH stills/sets.

  While technically the majority of them were not stills in the photographic
sense, they were called stills, presumably because before they were printed as
lithos, they existed as a photographic still.

  Phil