I love the Italian paper for the Bogie movies!  I hope to get one when I grow
up.

Toochis

________________________________
From: Neil Jaworski <neiljawor...@yahoo.co.uk>
To: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU
Sent: Sun, March 6, 2011 11:36:21 AM
Subject: Re: [MOPO] Do you solely collect certain sizes of movie posters?

as someone with very similar collecting interests to my fellow londoner richard
evans, i'm amazed that he likes the grande for The Big Sleep!  i find that
image
just awkward and jarring (in a bad way).  rich now need to go to the saul bass
exhibition in east london as penance ;-)

it's funny how some campaigns swing from the sublime to the ridiculous across
the sizes. the paper for 12 Angry Men is all just gawd-awful, except for the
two
half-sheets which are sublime (especially the black/dagger version which is an
all-time classic).  it's a similar story with The Big Knife, a laughably bad
campaign saved by two brilliantly witty and stylish half sheets.  Probably the
most famous examples of this phenomena are the Longest Day advance 1sh and the
On The Beach style B; happy design classics bobbing amidst a sea of  dreck.