Although I did sleep at a holiday in last night, I am NOT forensic scientist.
The Forensic company we are using does criminal cases throughout the US and
they are quite certain of their findings. If you look at the presentation they
state the Paper Mills in the US switched over to a "Alkaline wet chemistry" in
the late 1980's which is when the paper from the fake "the Thing" was made. I
hope that answers your question.
Regards
Todd

Sent from my iPad