That's just what I was thinking...

Dave
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Bruce Hershenson
  To: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU
  Sent: Saturday, August 27, 2011 10:54 AM
  Subject: Re: [MOPO] OT: Re: [MOPO] To all our east coast friends....from Joe
B in NOLA

  Kirby

  It is true that the 72 days above 100F is God's reward to Texas for giving us
Rick Perry?

  Bruce

  On Sat, Aug 27, 2011 at 8:06 AM, Kirby McDaniel <ki...@movieart.net> wrote:

    I was hoping that Irene, with her massive amounts of rain, would come in
thru South Texas and thru the San Antonio - Austin area.  Texas is in the midst
of a horrible drought and we have endured a record number of days with heat
above 100F.  We are now at 72 days above 100F.  I can tell you that people are
sick of it.  We could have used some of that water and Irene could have busted
up the high pressure system that seems to be planted over Texas permanently.

    K.