I'm back in the office now after a recreational week in The Crescent City.
Great people, great resilience, great food, great time.  I recommend it
to anyone seeking a vacation from the routine.

CINERAMA is well imitated, if not alive and well, at the World War II Museum.
A great deep curved screen, complete with sixties-style automated curtain, is
used to present a 45 minute "film" on the war.  It's not actually a film, but a
digital
hybrid with some "live" special effects thrown in.  But it is certainly
successful in
reminding the viewer in a very visceral way of the thrill of CINERAMA.
Smilebox,
eat your heart out!  You just can't substitute that big screen -- and this one
is very, very
big -- and wider, if anything, than CINERAMA.  Of course, Steven Spielberg is a
big supporter
of the museum (Tom Hanks also) and his skill at presentation is all over the
museum.  We
spent about three hours there, including the film, and we could not see it all.
 And the
museum is building three new buildings, one to house a gigantic B-47.

Also, I wanted to say that I had the pleasure of having coffee and some King
Cake
with Ed and Sue Poole at their home - which is, of course, the World
Headquarters of
Learnaboutmovieposters.com .  Their intrepid research goes on and on, and for
that
we should all be appreciative.  Their work is being appreciated now by
institutions
who are seeing the value in all the research they've done.

Finally, I got to meet one of my fave MOPO members, Joe Bonelli.  Joe spent
Sunday afternoon with us, giving us a great tour of some of the Katrina
neighborhoods.
We had brunch with him, and were regaled us with some great stories about New
Orleans
and about the folks in show business he has met and worked with.  Joe was both
gracious
and interesting; and that made for a wonderful Sunday.

Anyway, I am back in the office at MovieArt.

Best,
Kirby

Kirby McDaniel
MovieArt Original Film Posters