Despite the collecting business being mostly owned by Mom & Pops or small,
independent dealers, I don't see why in the world it would come as a shock that
a few of the larger megasharks would see the market as anything other than a
feeding trough.

It stands to reason a large corporation would look at the market and try to
find every avenue possible to make a buck.

The participation of  these corporate entities (be it Sotheby's or Heritage) in
manipulating auctions, or even maintaining a friendly face in users groups like
this -- is just good business practice.

Why in the world wold an MBA look at the $$$ generated from poster auctions any
different than a GM dealership?

Why in the world would this same MBA not see the profit potential in feeder
strings from poster auctions?

The money you pay or receive for movie memorabilia is no different than the
money made by a used car dealer... Just a bit more glamorous.

This is all to say that Heritage owning Gavelsnipe is the same as the small
ebay dealer using auctiva. It gives Heritage one more edge to keep their
profits up... which the Mom & Pops don't have. On a corporate level, you can
bet your booty that there is information sharing... after all, what else is the
purpose of owning feeder string businesses?