I responded to David K., but I'll go ahead a post to the entire list.  I agree
with David and Franc on this one entirely.  I'm not what anyone would
characterize as a huge
Spielberg fan, although I recognize his enormous accomplishments in purveying
popular films.  In my book he has had several particularly satisfying films -
SCHINDLER'S LIST, E.T., and a few others.  But LINCOLN is an extraordinary film
driven by an extraordinary script adapted from an extraordinary book with
extraordinary performances.  Is that enough "extraordinaries" fer ya?  I
enjoyed ARGO; it was entertaining.  But clearly Spielberg and company were
robbed.  I think the sorry decision to have 9 best picture nominations is going
to produce what I'll bet are (regrettably) "plurality" decisions like this one.

I thank Steven Spielberg for bringing together this great pool of talent and
leaving us with a picture that generations will enjoy again and again.

Kirby McDaniel
www.movieart.net