Because we ship 50 to 100 packages every day, we get a fair number of
people who claim their package did not arrive, when it actually did (maybe
one or two a week). We have found that the answer is almost always that the
package was accepted by another family member, left at a neighbor's, or
left on a porch or at a different door. So we have a stock reply we use in
this situation, and 99% of the time that proves to be the answer (and the
tiny remaining cases we file an insurance claim).

Here is one recent interesting exchange between us and a customer with this
problem (we received the first email at the end of November):

"I'm contacting you about my recent order for one lobby card which cost me
$161.00. I never received this item. The tracking # said it was delivered
on 11/23/2013 at 11:03 am. My wife was home all day that day and that
nothing was delivered. I'm a Field Operations Tech and I'm gone for a month
at a time and I buy these items when I'm in the field and have them shipped
home. All the other items I have bought from this site I have received.
Could you look into this situation for me??? This is not right. I just
purchased another $527.00 of items from you and now I'm worried about if
I'm going to get them."

*We replied as follow:*
"We're very sorry to hear you don't have the lobby card. Tracking it, I see
the delivery date and time on the tracking just as you state which means
they did deliver it. When we hear of this situation, it usually means that
the package was either left at the door (maybe it fell to the side of the
door, under some stairs, or something similar) OR it may have been left
with a neighbor by mistake.
     So my recommendation is to first ask your wife to check everywhere
outside your home where the package might have been left (or might have
fallen) and then to also check with your neighbors. Another possibility is
that your wife did receive it, but forgot since it was delivered several
days ago (and you may have received other packages which could have created
some confusion along these lines). Of course, I don't know, but it is worth
suggesting.
     Once those options have been looked into, please get back with me to
let me know what you find. I look forward to this being resolved. Certainly
after we've got this figured out, we should discuss how you would like your
next order sent (maybe with signature required or maybe with UPS?). Thanks."

*He re-replied as follows:*
"My wife and I live in a townhouse community and there is very few places
for a package to fall behind or over looked outside my house. C'mon do you
really think that my wife overlooked that package???? I think not!! My wife
definitely said that the package was not delivered. I even checked with the
residents of the next townhouse thinking that it was delivered there and it
wasn't. I'm thinking that the postman either lost it and said it was
delivered or he kept it for himself?
     I know you're just trying to help. But your suggestions are
insulting.You're talking like my wife and I are idiots and I don't like it.
For a customer service representative you're not suppose to talk to
customers like they're idiots.  All I know is I spent $161.00 for nothing
and that's what pisses me off to no end.These next item I just bought I
want shipped by a signature required. I will be home personally to receive
them."

*We re-replied as follows:*
"I am incredibly sorry my suggestions came across that way. I absolutely
did not mean to be insulting. Believe it or not, I have offered these
suggestions many times before and they are the answers 95% of the time, so
they are worth checking into. I see that I could have worded it better and
I will do so in the future.
     I see that you called and spoke with Angie this morning and that the
insurance claim for this package is being placed."

*He re-replied as follows:*
"I have a confession to make.You were right....The poster was
overlooked.....It was inside a closet where my wife put it...But, what
confused me is that the lobby card came shipped in a box not in a flat
envelope which I was looking for like the last lobby card came....so I
wasn't looking for a box. So, I do apologize for what I said and I
apologize for all the inconvenience I may have caused you because of this."

*We re-replied as follows:*
"Thanks for letting me know. I'm so glad to hear you found it! I see it
would have been helpful for you to know it was in a box vs a flat envelope
(due to its higher value), so I will remember to offer that information in
the future. We will stop the claim with the Post Office."

*It is not as easy as it looks to auction 120,000 items every year!*

--
Bruce Hershenson and the other 29 members of the eMoviePoster.com team
P.O. Box 874

   * Complete Buyer Protection
<http://www.emovieposter.com/unused/20120625ad_emovieposter_no_buyer_beware_buyer_warranty.jpg>
- *No time limit on our guarantees & *NO* buyer beware
* Hershenson Help Hotline
<http://www.emovieposter.com/images/announcements/20120906_mcw_ad_hershenson_help_hotline_forsite.jpg>
- *Direct line to Bruce (our owner!) for urgent problems
Also, please read the following three pages of in-depth* Customer Reviews *of
our company * - Page 1
<http://www.emovieposter.com/images/announcements/buyerreviews_page1.jpg>,
Page 2
<http://www.emovieposter.com/images/announcements/buyerreviews_page2.jpg>,
Page 3
<http://www.emovieposter.com/images/announcements/buyerreviews_page3.jpg>*,
which shows you in our customers' own words exactly what makes our company
and our auctions so very different from all others!