A major motivation for collecting movie posters has to be an appreciation of
film.

The art market isn't driven by any equivalent love of art, but a passion for
bling.

Picasso, Bacon, Warhol etc are superbrands. The equivalent of people who think
it's sophisticated to walk around in clothing emblazoned with the brand name.

Movie posters aren't doing too badly compared to posters generally. The poster
as an art form and great poster artists are generally very under appreciated.
An unusual result very recently for a Cassandre to reach a price in the
Universal league.

I don't think these people could get their heads round printing being an art
form and there being multiple copies, either surviving or originally.
(Excepting Warhol with screen printing and multiple executions.)

Just can't imagine how you would imbue posters with the kind of obvious cachet
"art" has for them.

And the middle class who would be interested, and were when there was easy
credit are getting drained of money.

New generations have come into movie poster collecting. And with for example
Bass, while there's obvious huge enthusiasm displayed online, prices aren't
moving, because they just don't have the money.

It's really tricky. Other than lining up and shooting the bankers, the
oligarchs, and their politicians and having a fairer distribution of money, I
really have no idea.