As i noted earlier about the start of Lion International:

You can find it here: http://www.screenonline.org.uk/film/id/457344/ and here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Lion_Films. Granted it does not say that Lion Internantional Flms started then, but it's clear that the receivership of London Films aka Alexander Korda, who bought British Lion for the Shepperton studios, is a turning point where several producers found an outlet for their films. The article mention the Boulting brothers and Launder & Gilliatt. Makes perfect sense that the National Film Finance Corporation wanted the IFD also to use the new distribution channel.

Op 22 jun 2015, om 15:15 heeft Richard C Evans het volgende geschreven:

If this is accurate then IFD (Independent Film Distributors) was using Lion International from 1950.
(IFD apparently existed 50-59.)

https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=E1ioAwAAQBAJ&pg=PP174&lpg=PP174&dq=ifd+woolf&source=bl&ots=ehI2myI7tF&sig=oCAsIlRVdncbJvlm8vm6HtXz4og&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0CCMQ6AEwAmoVChMI0fb5mrCjxgIVLCrbCh0YNAix #v=onepage&q=ifd%20woolf&f=false

Sent from my iPhone