the stone lithos where pinted onslabs of bavaian rock sheets so whenthey ground them tomake a new matrix it wore ofthat priorart,

the posters then were many like otis, tooker,, morgan many where inOHIO...
and one was left in cinci doing circus posters...

I stated in 1977 so i only know that NSS was the placeto go or direct to film companys..andthenth theater exchange like Bill Luton at theater poster exchenge..in tenn,,, and a few others... they seemed to be shared at cinevent and the showws liekRay courts and milqueen..in pllaces like east coast and west costs wheni started guys likeJeryOhlinger..and others that advertsed in Big reel and movie collectors worl,and classic images...

in the80s i had a part time gigas a wildposter for detroit..we would need to put theposters onold buildings or burned out etc for trafdficto see ..we would put liketwo roows of five onthe buildings..yousee them inmosy citys....they wanted us to use wheat paste glue but inthe winter in detroit it was not practical..so I used a hammer tacker staple gun..i got paid 1500.00 todo 10 visula locations..and got so many extra posters i could sell ortrade to otherdealers,,i did iron eagle and many norris films..and mostly cannon,tri start, andothers intathat ...like braddock..i would geta few really good one...i also did pine knob music concerts and i did CBS records as i did these huge true blue album for Madonna...theh company inLa i worked forwas supposed to be part owns by BOB Dylan...

the 80s prnters weher all over thepplace but many in ohio at contenental litho,clevland...and also gotham , on east coast and many on west cost...so ii think at the time they used plates vs digital printing and that explains the press runs could vary as thy sent the art all over..

the posters were shipped in tubes of 50...200 flats, and 400 triangle tubes..

I know as i moved many ofthem and pulled chest muscles onthem..

the 50 tubes are a no brainer ...but the flats where nuts,,as i would stack them up to 5 foot high..and wheni started getting video one sheets in 90s they used theaterical many times liekcontact and many wb titles... so whenthey all went 27x48 vs..the 227x41 they all became the same....

earlysmall videos where small and had type and ads and looked unattractive,,butsoon they looked as god as theatrical and a fe times better...

when NSS started closing down many were able to getstoclk by paying offhe dump orworkers and so they got them as wellas many industry peoplesold themout theback door or some studios sent some..andmany theater owners helped get them avainlible...

its been a industry wide normal thing to give away posters as the licensingwas never inplaceto sell them...as then the artist,actors directors etc would all geta residual...

s thats why itwas geeky collectors andtheater owners and industry peple tat started saving them as many people used them forattic insulation,floor shims..wall insulation ebbecause they weher free.. for the pickens...

ther still seems liekhodes of titles out there thatsimple dont sell...
so its curious as to when they will ripen...even with mass storage,,it coss money..my warehouse which was cheep was 250 a month or approx 3k a year do that 10 years thats 30k...i decided to sell them off the videos that is..100,000 13 pallets 5 foot tall each..thats was a lot of posters...
I hope i saved someclose encounters as itwas a cool poster..

but whats funny is the posters seem to be floatingaround the usa still of many titles...andifthere is no interest well then we are at mercy ofthebuyers..unless you have cheap rent ora huge warehouse...andcan liveto your 90....lol:) so far i dnt see any guys with posters leaving witha U haul behind thier car...so i hope i can sell this stuff before i croak or myson will sell it inthefuture

----