I’m assuming the poster is printed on thicker card stock? If it is a
silkscreen, they would need to assess the poster in person before determining
whether or not it could be washed. Some silkscreen inks are very thick and
combined with being on thicker paper, washing the poster could cause issues. If
the poster can not be washed safely, they can humidify the piece, perform the
linen backing, and then perform a surface cleaning. The price would be the same
for each process ($210), but either way it can be linen backed.

All the best.

Sincerely,

Paul W. Hazen
Handshake Partners