didnt know him..i used to buy thse huge french posters fromFrancineof La affich inMontreal..theywereonly15.00 inhe90s and beautiful..butdidntsellwellandhard todisplay,,,same withthe3 sheets andotherlarge images stheartwas great...as withallposterdealers..its been a honor to see theminthe biz...so manyhve passed away sinceive been in the biz...Like recentOhlinger,Marty Lifshultz,Richard Danilowitz, Adrian Cowdry,,,,the author oftherel artbook....andso many authors,,,hpefullyyoungpeople willenter he biz andcarry on...however theold guys really helped preserve theart andtothink itwas a toss away piece of paper just 100 yearsaago....whenistarted the artcommunitie oof fine arts scoffed at the advertisments....I had theopportunity to buy Lautrec posters forlke15 andpassed.because we just didnt know in 30 40 years it would be resepected and bring such big money!!!!!crazy business
I tip my hat to the French dealer Stanislas would loved his storys
happy new years folks

On 2018-12-26 07:20, Dominique BESSON wrote:
Very sad news from France,

Stanislas Choko has passed last sunday. He was one of the pioneers of
the movie posters business in France, he went a lot of times in New
York or Los Angeles for the poster shows and was very appreciate.

Our condolences to Laurence, Garance and Mélanie

Dominique

DOMINIQUE BESSON AFFICHES
7 rue Choron
75009 Paris