Sad news to start a Monday. I love watching her on the screen and even now
if TCM is running "Pillow Talk" as a scan the channels I just have to stop
and watch it one more time.

Two of my favorite Doris moments: of course the bathtub scene with Rock
Hudson in "Pillow Talk" and when she really belts out "Que Sera Sera" in
"The Man Who Knew Too Much" (the encore performance at the end of the
movie).

She only received one Academy Award nomination in her career (for "Pillow
Talk")..but why no lifetime achievement award from the Academy? Or no
Kennedy Center honors? Do you only receive those if you agree to appear at
the event? Since she was so notoriously private in her later years, that
would explain why. Oh well, que sera sera.

Scott

MoPo List Owner