The short answer is, you need 20 years of practice (at least) and even
then, there are giant disagreements. There are a LOT of sellers who
(knowingly or unknowingly) sell non-originals as originals.

"Repros" in the sense of being on Kodak paper are easy to tell. The problem
is with "re-strikes" and "unmarked TV re-releases".

These are two giant and different problems.

I will post a follow-up with much more about how to tell, but right now I
am headed to work, and I only do MoPo from home, so that will have to wait.

See you all later. Stay isolated and stay safe!
Bruce

On Wed, Mar 18, 2020 at 7:50 AM Zeev Drach <lobb...@rogers.com> wrote:

> This may be a silly question, but is there an easy way to distinguish
> between originals and repro stills, in most cases?
>

> Zeev

Bruce Hershenson and the other 29 members of the eMoviePoster.com team
P.O. Box 874
West Plains, MO 65775
Phone: 417-256-9616 (hours: Mon-Fri 9 to 5 except from 12 to 1 when we take
lunch)
our site <http://www.emovieposter.com/>
our auctions <http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/all.html>

* Complete Buyer Protection
<http://www.emovieposter.com/unused/20120625ad_emovieposter_no_buyer_beware_buyer_warranty.jpg>
- *No time limit on our guarantees & *NO* buyer beware
* Hershenson Help Hotline
<http://www.emovieposter.com/images/announcements/20120906_mcw_ad_hershenson_help_hotline_forsite.jpg>
- *Direct line to Bruce (our owner!) for urgent problems
Also, please read the following three pages of in-depth* Customer Reviews *of
our company * - Page 1
<http://www.emovieposter.com/images/announcements/buyerreviews_page1.jpg>,
Page 2
<http://www.emovieposter.com/images/announcements/buyerreviews_page2.jpg>,
Page 3
<http://www.emovieposter.com/images/announcements/buyerreviews_page3.jpg>*,
which shows you in our customers' own words exactly what makes our company
and our auctions so very different from all others!