Also filmed twice in Fox Grandeur 70mm and Academy 35mm.
    On Thursday, May 26, 2022, 08:23:30 AM EDT, Bruce Hershenson
<brucehershen...@gmail.com> wrote:

 Even if you are an incredibly major film buff, I bet you (and all your
friends) don't know that The Big Trail (John Wayne's first chance at stardom,
all the way back in 1930) was shot in FIVE languages simultaneously, with FIVE
actors playing the lead role! The five languages were English, Italian, French,
Spanish, and German!

The Italian version starred Franco Corsaro and Luisa Caselotti and was called
"Il Grande Sentiero". The French version starred Gaston Glass and Jeanne
Helbling and was called "La Piste des Geants". The Spanish version starred
George J. Lewis and Carmen Guerrero and was called "La Gran Jornada". The
German version starred Theo Shall and Marion Lessing and was called "Die Grosse
Fahrt".

They are exactly the same movies, except for the language difference and the
different cast (this is very similar to the 1931 U.S. and Mexican versions of
"Dracula"), except imagine the difficulty of shooting five different versions
all at one time, likely using the same sets!

I did not know any of this either, until I was consigned this great still,
which is at auction at
http://auctions.emovieposter.com/Bidding.taf?_function=detail&Auction_uid1=6261604

And I bet they won't be releasing another movie called "Die Grosse Fahrt"
anytime soon!
|  |