Congratulations Grey............

Sue
Hollywood Poster Frames
________________________________
From: MoPo List <mopo-l@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU> on behalf of Grey Smith
<greysm6...@gmail.com>
Sent: Monday, September 26, 2022 5:18 PM
To: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU <MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU>
Subject: [MOPO] Propstore Welcomes Grey Smith as their US Poster Director

Propstore Welcomes Grey Smith as
Director of US Poster Auctions
September 26, 2022 – Industry-leading Expert, Formerly with Heritage Auctions,
Brings 40+ Years
Experience Into Propstore to Build the Best in Poster Offerings!
Propstore, one of the world’s leading film and TV memorabilia companies,
announced that Grey
Smith, a noted industry expert, and lifelong collector is joining the company
to lead their United
States poster auction offerings. Smith was previously the founding consignment
director for the rare
poster division at Heritage Auctions.
"We are thrilled to have Grey join the Propstore team, given his extensive
industry experience and
track record of curating some of the most successful poster auctions in the
world,” Propstore CEO
Stephen Lane said. “Grey brings with him over 20 years of experience producing
auctions, including
more than 65 sales that included some of the most valuable posters ever sold.
Grey has a reputation
for consignor satisfaction, and we know he will drive Propstore’s Los
Angeles-based poster auction
program to new heights. We look forward to expanding on our offerings in this
exciting collectibles
category and growing into one of the premier destinations for poster collectors
and dealers.&quot;
Grey began collecting movie posters as a child and the thrill of finding the
rarest examples has never
left him. Throughout his youth, he was regularly buying, trading, and selling
some of the best pieces
in cinema history. When Smith completed college, he entered the film industry
and worked in
production for twenty years while continually searching for poster rarities
during his travels.
In 2001, wishing to have less time on the road away from his family, Smith
pivoted his hobby into a
career when he took a position at Heritage Auctions to produce and develop
their poster auction
program. He subsequently left Heritage in 2022.
“Grey’s knowledge of film and posters is encyclopedic, and his enthusiasm for
the field is incredible,”
stated Brandon Alinger, Propstore COO.
Grey Smith states: “I couldn’t be more excited than to join a team of great
professionals, who have a
fierce passion for the auction industry as well as a wonderful reputation for
their knowledge and
ethical handling of the best in motion picture props,” Smith says. “I look
forward to contributing at
Propstore with my intimate knowledge of auctions, posters, and movie history.
We are planning our
first major U.S. poster auction for early 2023.”
Propstore is accepting consignments for future poster auctions now. Contact
Grey Smith, Director of
US Poster Auctions: g...@propstore.com<mailto:g...@propstore.com>
- ENDS -

Felicity Beardshaw, Public Relations:
felic...@propstore.com<mailto:felic...@propstore.com>
Images can be downloaded from the following Dropbox link:
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/lsf13eq14ui302q9bto69/h?dl=0&amp;rlkey=ehtbmhqlp7cob35x2sszspqxg
About Propstore
Propstore sells original movie &amp; television props, costumes, and other
entertainment memorabilia,
regularly hosting live and online auctions in both London and Los Angeles.
Founded by CEO
Stephen Lane in 1998, Propstore has been a driving force in developing the
global market for
entertainment memorabilia and regularly offers some of the most sought-after
and valuable content
in the field. Propstore also manages auction services for a number of studio
and production
company partners, and operates a Buy-Now sales platform on its website,
www.propstore.com<http://www.propstore.com>

Social Media:
Facebook: @PropStore
Twitter: @propstore_com