[Craig, previously]
> Suppose I find a wallet with ID.  I might keep it. > But as I deliberate, I
> feel guilty & > decide to return the wallet.  Then I rationalize: > the owner
> was careless, why should I do them any favors?

> there is no reason to suppose
> that my decision is fore-ordained before I
> go thru the actual deliberation.

[Dan]  >  you've come
up with a hypothetical > scenario full of preconditioned responses
But that's just what's at issue: given that I've never considered what to do
with the wallet in exactly these circumstances, what reason do I have to
suppose I'm not actually deliberating & not just going thru preconditioned
>  I am guessing that a learned man such as  > Harris doesn't sway your opinion
Ah, but he does.  Just as James, Kant, Mill, Locke,
etc. sway it in the other direction.  In the end,
I rely on their arguments, not their authority.
Craig

Craig