I think we need to distinguish between what is "epistemological" objective/subjective and what is metaphysical objective/subjective.
Pirsig is concerned with the latter.

Then why didn't Pirsig say that to the faculty of the English
department of Montana State College? The citation I provided is followed by a detailed list of the reaction options Pirsig considered. None of them include making this kind of a distinction between the epistemological and the metaphysical.

Furthermore, what do you mean by this distinction, given that epistemology is a branch of metaphysics, not an alternative to metaphysics?

Consider rectangular pieces of paper on which there are pictures of dead Presidents, living queens and whatever the euro has.
That is their objective status.
Their subjective status is money.

This doesn't mean anything to me.

Moq_Discuss mailing list