----- Forwarded message from Bill Sellers  -----

     Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 13:05:59 -0400
      From: Bill Sellers
      Subject: Alternatives to Geomagic
      To: morphmet@morphometrics.org

Dear All,

I've been a big fan of Geomagic for reconstructing laser-scanned point clouds,
fixing up isosurfaced CT scan meshes, and taking point measurements. It was
quite expensive but just about affordable. However they've just implemented a
big price hike so I think it might be time to see what else is around. I've
used Meshlab which is good for some things but I find it crashes on big meshes
and its interactive tools are limited. I've heard that RapidForm is even more
expensive than Geomagic... What suggestions do people have for alternatives?

Cheers
Bill

--
Dr. Bill Sellers                            Email:
william.sell...@manchester.ac.uk

----- End forwarded message -----