----- Forwarded message from beatriz gamarra -----

Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2012 12:52:08 -0400
From: beatriz gamarra
Subject: Re: CV shape variation
To: morphmet@morphometrics.org

First of all, thanks for the answers.

I dont know if my first question was right, anyway I would like know  how  I could  get the percentage of total variation explained by each CV. For example, in Astúa 2009 [ Evolution of scapula size and shape in Didelphid marsupials (Didelphimorphia: Didelphidae). Evolution 63-9:2438-2456], in Figures 4,5 & 6 are represented some CVA obtained from CVAGen6 and in their axis (and on the manuscript) the percentage of variance of CVs are given. I was talking about  of that percentage and how to obtain it because with CVAGen6 I couldn’t manage.

I did the regression of shape variables on CV scores with tpsRegr and I visualized the shape deformation implied by changes along each axis. Is the “percent unexplained” value  that the tpsRegr report give this percenatge?

I hope in this time  have been more clear.

Thanks again.

Beatriz Gamarra